Saturday, March 28, 2009

Religion VS Grace


The grace of God is dealing with what Christ did.

Under religion man always says, "Look what I'm doing for you, God."
And under grace Christ says, "look what I did for you, man."

Under religion mans says, "look how I went to church"
Under the grace of God Jesus says, "look how I went to Calvary"

Under religion man says, "look how I was raised in my denomination"
And under grace Christ says, "look at how I was raised from the dead"

Under religion man says, "look at how I gave my money"
And under grace Jesus says, "look at how I gave my life"

Under religion man says, "look God, at how I confessed my sins"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man, at how I took away your sins"

Under religion man says, "look God at how I stood up against sin"
And under the grace of God Jesus says, "look man at how I died for your sin"

Under religion man says, "Look God, at how I judged the Lost world"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man, at how I saved the lost world"

Under religion man says, "look God, at how I got up and marched against these evildoers"
And under grace, Jesus says, "look man at how I suffered and died for evildoers"

Under religion man says, "look God, at how I bowed down to you"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man, at how I became one of you"

Under religion man says, "look God at how I healed the sick"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man at how I raised the dead"

Under religion man says, "look God, at how I spoke in tongues"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man, at how I spoke in love".

Under religion man says, "look God, at how successful my life was"
And under grace Jesus says, "look man, at how successful my death was"

Religion is always man trying to reach up to God with self effort to be accepted by God. 
Through Jesus Christ, was God reaching down to man, with love and acceptance.

And that's why Paul said we preach Christ and Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews, foolishness to the Gentiles, but to those whom god has called, both Jew and Gentiles: 
Christ- the power of God and the wisdom of God

 

No comments: